blank
blank

Compassion

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Little Hands-On abc's and 123's - ABC Prewriting Center

little handson Abc 123

My daughter writes a lot of stories.  I have set her up with a writing folder to keep her blank papers and finished stories organized. This made me think about my almost two year old and how I could set up a similar idea for him.

I came up with the ABC prewriting center:
markers, ABC stickers, blank paper, a basket full of foam and magnetic letters, ABC stamps and an ink pad
  It's very simple.
  Yet very engaging.
  It was just a matter of taking things I already had and putting them all at his reach in one place.
 
 

Little Hands-on ABC’s and 123’s is a bi-monthly feature that focuses on practical and simple ideas that you can do at home to help your tot develop their letter and number skills.



Julie Signature Button

2 comments:

Sara M. said...

I love it Julie! I always had this in my classroom and have been wanting
to set up something like it in my house for my little guy...if only my
house were bigger! Some other things I would add are some word cards
with pictures and Family Member Name Cards with pictures to see if they
begin to explore making words and names over time.

Thegirlwhopaintedtrees said...

That's a great idea Sara.  I have vocabulary cards for him in another part of the school room, but we don't have Family Member Name cards.  I'll get working on those:)