blank
blank

Compassion

Monday, September 26, 2011

What’s in the Tub ~ Fall Theme

sensory tubs

Next month our theme at Totally Tots is Fall.  Here are some ideas for you to use in a sensory tub with your little one to explore the theme up close and personal.   

IMG_6255

What’s in the Tub?: 

IMG_6252

So, what fun things did we do with the tub? 

  • We counted leaves, pumpkins and apples
  • Worked on reading the words written on the leaves
  • Pretended we were squirrels and searched for things to eat (acorns, mushrooms, Indian corn, and apples)
  • Played I spy
  • Worked on sequencing

IMG_6262

  • Put the acorns in order by size

IMG_6260

What’s in the Tub? is a feature that focuses on fun sensory tub ideas to go along with the monthly theme at Totally Tots.   Click here to see past sensory tub ideas.

image

3 comments:

Amanda said...

We've done several similar things with our fall sensory bin-- but I didn't think about writing on the silk leaves! What a great idea!

Laura said...

Thanks for the ideas. I am gathering materials for my October bin and am planning a fall/harvest/farm theme.

I pinned you as well in my sensory bin section.

Maro's kindergarten said...

I loved your sensory bin it is great for fall! I have featured this post on my fall sensory bins round-up on my blog with a link back to you. I would love for you to check it out here: http://maros-kindergarten.blogspot.gr/2012/10/sensory-bins-2.html . Have a nice week!